What are Eyelash Extensions?
Lash Extensions are an exciting, new product and technique for thicker, longer, yet natural looking eyelashes. Eyelashes are made thicker and longer through professional application of individual synthetic eyelash onto your own natural eyelash with a specially formulated bonding agent. Lash extensions are NOT strip lashes or three pronged cluster lashes.
How long will they last?
They will last up to 2-6 wks depending on how well you take care of them and depending on your own natural growth cycle. If you are like most of our clients once you have them applied you will become addicted.
How often should I have my eyelash extensions filled?
In order to keep your lash extensions full and looking great, simple maintenance "fill" appointments are typically needed every 2-3 weeks. They are necessary because just like the hair on your head, your individual eyelashes grow out on a continuous cycle of replenishment.
First time clients are encouraged to make a appointment within the first 2 wks for a fill and maintenance.
I heard eyelash extensions will harm my own lashes! Is this true?
Eyelash extensions will not harm your lashes if they are applied safely and maintained correctly. Having your lashes done with A Lash Above The Rest where we use quality products and up to date techniques to give you safe and quality extensions.
Can I still use mascara if I want to
No, But if you must there are some things you should know. If you must you choose to wear mascara make sure that it is a water based product that will easily wash off with out scrubbing. Waterproof mascara is NOT recommended because the cleaning agents will loosen the adhesive.
Can I use an eyelash curler?
Synthetic lashes already come with a very nice taper curl to them. Eyelash curlers are extremely harsh and will break both natural and synthetic lashes. We highly recommend you don't use an eyelash curler.
Volume Lashes is a specialized technique for attaching eyelash extensions. Here at A Lash Above The Rest we hand make each fan that is applied to your natural eyelash at the time of your appointment. A fan can be anywhere from 2-7 lashes in each bouquet.
How can we do this without causing damage to your natural lash? Well the diameter/thickness of each single lash is between 0.7 and 0.3. A single classic lash is 0.15.
Before your appointment
Service will take approximately 1.5 - 2 hours for a full-set.
- Do not wear eye make up to the appointment.
- Do not use oil based products on lashes before or after eye lash extension are applied.
- Remove contacts prior to the appointment.
- Do not get eyelash extensions wet for 24 hours after application .
- Each client will achieve a different look due to difference in lash line and amount of lashes each person has, along with difference in eye shape.
PLEASE NOTE: Each client will achieve a different look due to difference in eye shape, lash line, and natural eyelash growth
During your appointment
- You will lay flat on your back with your eyes closed for the whole appointment
- You will have material placed on your lower eye lid (paper tape, gel pad, or foam pad)
- Lashes will be cleaned and prepared for lash extensions (please come as clean as possible so this can be done quickly)
- If you are receiving lash maintenance grown out lashes will be removed
- Do not get lashes wet within, the first 24 hours of application.
- Avoid extreme heat/flame. (No saunas, steam baths, saltwater etc)
- Wash gently with oil free face wash/make up remover.
- Avoid touching lashes. (Use a eye lash brush to adjust lashes)
- Do not use manual lash curler
- Keeping the lash line clean and debris free is very IMPORTANT to the health of your eye, lash extension and natural lash
- After showering and sleeping brush out lashes using a clean eyelash brush.
- When removing eyeliner,Use the tips of your fingers to gently but firmly wash the lash line in the direction of lash growth
- Do Not use waterproof mascara.
- If you wish to apply mascara, use water based only and apply Only to the tips or not extended lashes of the lashes.
Keeping the lash line clean and free of debris is important to the health and longevity of your lash extensions